At the completion of the year's training
All new trainees will:
* present a learning log over an 8 month period which will show the reflective application of TA theory both personally and to the trainee's field of application, e.g. educator, consultant, trainer, nurse ...
* present a four 2000 word essays will show the trainee's knowledge of the theory and how they apply it to their filed of expertise or interest. For those people attending this course for their personal development (not interested in the application to a particular job, role or field), the theory will show how they have applied it to their personal growth.
* Completed 10 hours of supervision. Six of these sessions will be with the trainer and the other 4 can be with another person. (Mandy Lacy is another qualified TA trainer in the organisational field)
All trainees continuing in their training there is an option to complete the requirements for the Certificate in Developmental TA. The modules will be:
- Professional Intervention
- Interactions and Relationships
- Organisations and Institutes
(If a trainee has a learning challenge, alternative opportunities are available for the trainee to present the application of their learning.)
The learning log, essays and supervision can also be in conjunction with the following awards:
TA Personal Development Awards- for those who want confirmation and recognition that they have applied TA to their life generally. Handbook available
TA Proficiency Awards - For Teachers and Educators, Caregivers and Parents, Helpers and Assistants, Children and Young People. Handbook available
TA Vocational Awards - For those whose work involves an element of people skills. Handbook available
TA Practitioner Award - For those who are already qualified in the 'helping' professions in a field other than TA and who show how well they are incorporating Developmental TA into their professional practise.
Certificate in Developmental TA - For people who work in any field and who evidence their professional application of Developmental TA theory to that field. This is a Post Graduate Certificate provided through the Middlesex University. Handbook available for this qualification as well as for TA Practitioner Award
Check out an overview of the various awards